Spring Rising: An Antiwar Intervention in Washington, DC
“Spring Rising” is four days of creative resistance; theater, teach-ins; rallies and marches marking the anniversary of the United States’ "shock and awe" attack on Iraq and its invasion and occupation in a completely illegitimate, immoral war. Together we will use this time to oppose the plans and calls for growing military intervention.
As we send this invitation to you the Congress is calling for more war. The President has just told us a new global “war on terror” may be unlimited in space and time.
- Are you, like us, stunned and enraged by more war on the world?
- Did you or your organization join in the protests against police violence and murder, because Black Lives Matter?
- Are you with the Dreamers working for rights for all people to live without fear?
- Are you one of the many who have dropped everything to protest the global destruction of the environment because of our dependence on fossil fuels which is also a reason for our wars?
- Are you agonized over the ongoing U.S. military support for Israel, the recent killing of 2,000 Arab men, women, and children last summer in Gaza?
- Are you furious about the killing and terrorizing of Muslims in the U.S?
Then, join us! Your participation in Spring Rising is urgently needed now to organize protests, participate in teach-ins and to put your art and performance on mass display. Together we can create the vibrant resistance needed to show that terrorizing the world is not in our interest and “not in our name.”
These days together will be vitally important for building the movement we need to oppose war and the violence and oppression of empire at home and abroad.
Here's the schedule so far:
Wednesday March 18
Meet & Greet 5-8 pm
Plymouth United Church of Christ 5301 N. Capital Street NE